This week along with the nation, Aviation Learning are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of VE Day on Friday 8th May 2020.
We are focusing on the theme of a ‘Stay at Home Street Party’!
Our learning activities will include making decorations such as bunting and paper chains, recreating WW2 recipes for food and drink, dancing, games and songs from the era that you can learn from home!
- VE Day Cheers
- VE day Singing
- VE Day Food Recipes
- VE Day Skip to my lou
- VE Day Playtime
- VE Day Make a paper chain
- VE Day Time for a story
- VE Day Decorate with bunting
During the closures the Investigate Learning team are busy working behind the scenes planning and updating our exciting learning offers. We are uploading learning resources for aviation learning on this site and also at the following sites
The learning resources will be added to each week and will focus upon the learning offers in Heritage and Creative Arts. If you have any areas of our work and sites that you would like us to focus upon then please do not hesitate to get in touch and we’ll see what we can do!
We very much look forward to seeing you on the sites soon!
During the closures our Aviation Learning team are busy working behind the scenes planning the exciting Museums and Schools programme. They will be uploading some new resources on this website during the Spring you can see what they have been up to last year in the film by Stuart Riley for the D Day Jamborees that we held at East Kirkby.Read More
Lincolnshire County Council and Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire’s Museums and Schools Programme offer high quality educational visits bringing to life Lincolnshire’s aviation story like never before. From the Dam Busters to aviation technology and social history, from WW1 through to the Cold War and beyond, all fourteen participating AHL sites have unique experiences to offer and inspire children and young people. We are seeking to work with schools throughout the county who wish to take advantage of these exciting out-of-school learning opportunities.
Our funding has enabled us to develop popular and high quality workshops for schools which cover not just History but other areas of the curriculum such as Art, English (Poetry, Creative Writing) and STEM. These are all held at our Aviation Heritage sites so the children are immersed in and inspired by the history all around them whilst they learn.
Examples of our workshops are:
- Art and Poetry Days (half a day with a poet and the other half with an artist)
- Fly away Days (half day art workshops)
- Superheroes (creative writing)
- Wartime Christmas
- WW1/WW2 days
- Remembrance workshops
- Jamborees – full days covering a variety of topics, most recently we held a D Day commemoration series of these workshops
- ‘Discover in a Day’ Arts Award Days – the children will all complete their Discover Level Arts Award during these sessions
- ‘The Big Draw’
Contact the Investigate Learning team for further information.Read More
Tuesday 7 April, 10 am -12 noon and 1.30pm – 3.30 pm at The Collection.
Join sculptor and artist Rachel Carter for Mayflower Macramé Keyring Workshops and visit her exhibition
Workshop tickets = £4 (pay at reception)
All ages and abilities are welcome!Read More
We are excited to launch our new Investigate Learning team Crerative Arts and Heritage film!
- Be inspired and learn more about how the teams plan exhibitions and respond to the collections.
- Curate your own displays and consider how you would respond to the exhibits.
- Learn about the roles within the teams and how we work together.
- Get top tips for handling artefacts and the practicalities for planning.
- Use our oureach kits as a starting point for your own projects
- Enjoy and have fun!
Download the scene list so that you can select your area of focus too!Read More