Museums and Schools Arts Council Project
Lincolnshire County Council and Aviation Heritage Lincolnshire’s Museums and Schools Programme offer high quality educational visits bringing to life Lincolnshire’s aviation story like never before. From the Dam Busters to aviation technology and social history, from WW1 through to the Cold War and beyond, all fourteen participating AHL sites have unique experiences to offer and inspire children and young people. We are seeking to work with schools throughout the county who wish to take advantage of these exciting out-of-school learning opportunities.
Our funding has enabled us to develop popular and high quality workshops for schools which cover not just History but other areas of the curriculum such as Art, English (Poetry, Creative Writing) and STEM. These are all held at our Aviation Heritage sites so the children are immersed in and inspired by the history all around them whilst they learn.
Examples of our workshops are:
- Art and Poetry Days (half a day with a poet and the other half with an artist)
- Fly away Days (half day art workshops)
- Superheroes (creative writing)
- Wartime Christmas
- WW1/WW2 days
- Remembrance workshops
- Jamborees – full days covering a variety of topics, most recently we held a D Day commemoration series of these workshops
- ‘Discover in a Day’ Arts Award Days – the children will all complete their Discover Level Arts Award during these sessions
- ‘The Big Draw’
Contact the Investigate Learning team for further information.