- Museum of Lincolnshire Life
Ages: 5 to 8 | 7 to 11 | 11-14
These sessions offer a fantastic opportunity to experience life in Victorian times by meeting characters in our schoolroom and domestic wing.
There are opportunities to take part in costumed interpretation and find answers to questions about life and society.
Our workshop sessions include the following:
- Victorian Schooling – experience life as a school pupil in the late1800s. Based in the school room pupils will experience what it was like to go to a Victorian school and learn their 3 Rs.
- Victorian Domestic Life – Victorian Kitchen and Domestic Wing (we are also developing for next year the Victorian Kitchen Garden experience so watch this space!)
- Site Investigation – Transport and Industry in Victorian times
The sessions include artefact handling and creative art activities. You may also wish to explore the Victorian laundry and/or toys activities and our range of object handling using our interpretation resource boxes.
The handling resources contain real artefacts, images and copies of archival documents.
These can be used during your visit to support and enable pupils in their investigation of Victorian life by using primary sources.
Cross site workshops – For late 2021 we are introducing a new bespoke cross site Victorian Lincoln offer which links sessions at The Museum of Lincolnshire Life and Lincoln Castle. See Victorians offer BL03.
- Victorians LT36 (in development during 2021)
- Victorian Kitchen LT39
- Victorian Home Technology LT40
- Victorian Lighting LT41
- Victorian Seaside and Leisure LT42 (in development during 2021)
- Victorian Washday LT37, LT38
- Toys LT34, LT35