- The Collection
Ages: All ages
Creative Arts workshops link to the heritage collection as well as the temporary and permanent art exhibitions.
As an Artsmark Partner and Arts Award centre we have supported schools, colleges and individuals on their creative arts journey.
Our sessions can be bespoke and generally link to the topics of our four Creative arts kits – Environments, Identities, Lincoln and Societies.
Recent workshops have focussed upon clay work and exploring the Art gallery with topics such as still life, portraiture and the use of colour.
When we have Artists in Residence or temporary exhibitions we also link to those to enhance the learning experiences.
Our Creative Arts sessions generally fall into three sessions:
- Investigate – This session involves a visit to the gallery with handling activities and focuses upon techniques and interpretation.
- Create – This session is a practical art session to test out colour, texture, perspective. These may focus upon a variety of methods e.g. painting, mixed media or using natural resources found within the landscape.
- Reflect – For those staying for the full day session there is the opportunity to further develop skills and interpretation in the ‘Reflect’ sessions which can also link to careers focus as you explore how to put on an exhibition. We explore this further at the film link here.
The Environments workshop encourages the exploration of a variety of landscape art in order to create 2d or 3d landscape art designs.
Pupils are encouraged to reflect upon the work of the artists within the exhibitions and respond to them. Questioning, discussion and creative thinking skills are developed in an interactive and engaging manner.
The techniques used by the artists are explored, including colour, texture, space and line. The sessions are active and based within the gallery and creative art spaces.
The immersive activities will enable pupils to create and demonstrate their own skills.
The sessions aim to review different interpretations of landscapes and veer from purely fine art to exploring abstract interpretations of the landscape, encouraging the discussion of differing views of landscape art.
We are an arts Award centre and are trained to deliver Arts Award to silver level. Please contact us if you would like to turn your workshop day into a way to offer students an Arts Award qualification. We support schools with Artsmark Awards also as an Artsmark Partner.
- Cross site workshops – Introducing a new bespoke cross site Creative Arts Lincoln offer which links sessions at The Collection Museum, Lincoln Castle or the Museum of Lincolnshire Life .
- Creative Arts and Environments LT03
- Creative Arts and Identities LT04
- Creative Arts and Lincoln LT05
- Creative Arts and Societies LT06