- Lincoln Museum
Ages: All ages
At the Usher Gallery we offer a range of Creative Arts school provision developed to work alongside our permanent and temporary exhibitions.
Visits are divided into clear sessions that engage and challenge pupils through three themes:
- Investigate – Guided tour of the gallery space, object handling and discussion focusing on key areas in art comprehension, including techniques and interpretation.
- Create – A practical session related to the investigate session, with guidance about materials and techniques.
- Reflect – A session relating to the importance of self-critical evaluation and artistic self-awareness in relation to the chosen subject matter, knowledge and understanding gained across the previous two sessions.
The Creative Arts provision can support other areas of the curriculum.
Bespoke sessions are available upon request.
The Environments workshop encourages the exploration of a variety of landscape art in order to create 2d or 3d landscape art designs.
Pupils are encouraged to reflect upon the work of the artists within the exhibitions and respond to them. Questioning, discussion and creative thinking skills are developed in an interactive and engaging manner.
The techniques used by the artists are explored, including colour, texture, space and line. The sessions are active and based within the gallery and creative art spaces.
The immersive activities will enable pupils to create and demonstrate their own skills.
The sessions aim to review different interpretations of landscapes and veer from purely fine art to exploring abstract interpretations of the landscape, encouraging the discussion of differing views of landscape art.
We are an arts Award centre and are trained to deliver Arts Award to silver level. Please contact us if you would like to turn your workshop day into a way to offer students an Arts Award qualification. We support schools with Artsmark Awards also as an Artsmark Partner.
- Cross site workshops – Introducing a new bespoke cross site Creative Arts Lincoln offer which links sessions at Lincoln Museum, Lincoln Castle or the Museum of Lincolnshire Life .
- Creative Arts and Environments LT03
- Creative Arts and Identities LT04
- Creative Arts and Lincoln LT05
- Creative Arts and Societies LT06