- Museum of Lincolnshire Life
Ages: All ages
Creative Arts workshops link to the heritage sites and collections as well as the temporary and permanent art exhibitions.
As an Artsmark Partner and Arts Award centre we have supported schools, colleges and individuals on their creative arts journey.
Our sessions can be bespoke and generally link to the topics of our four Creative arts kits – Environments, Identities, Lincoln and Societies.
We will create a timetable with you that can fit your specific creative arts requirements.
Recent workshops have focussed upon clay work and exploring the Art gallery with topics such as still life, portraiture and the use of colour.
When we have Artists in Residence or temporary exhibitions we also link to those to enhance the learning experiences.
At the Museum of Lincolnshire Life this also can include design and modelling, Art Deco mixed media and urban landscapes and portraiture.
Our Creative Arts sessions generally fall into three sessions: Investigate ; Create; Reflect
Our Creative Arts sessions generally fall into three sessions:
- Investigate – This session involves a visit to the site galleries with handling activities and focuses upon techniques and interpretation.
- Create – This session is a practical art session to test out colour, texture, perspective. These may focus upon a variety of methods e.g. painting, mixed media or using natural resources found within the landscape.
- Reflect – For those staying for the full day session there is the opportunity to further develop skills and interpretation in the ‘Reflect’ sessions which can also link to careers focus as you explore how to put on an exhibition. We explore this further at the film link here.
We are an Arts Award centre and are trained to deliver Arts Award to silver level. Please contact us if you would like to turn your workshop day into a way to offer students an Arts Award qualification. We support schools with Artsmark Awards also as an Artsmark Partner.
Cross site workshops – Introducing a new bespoke cross site Creative Arts Lincoln offer which links sessions at The Collection Museum, Lincoln Castle or the Museum of Lincolnshire Life .
- Creative Arts and Environments LT03
- Creative Arts and Identities LT04
- Creative Arts and Lincoln LT05
- Creative Arts and Societies LT06